Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fabbie Finds

Hi all! It's Saturday, and you know what that means--Fabbie Finds. And you get to read a blog post on Saturday. Happy day!

Let's hop to it:

1. Blue and White Shams
Sabrina Soto via Target
$24.99

Sorry...this picture should be of just the shams, but my Pin button and the Target website don't seem to get along too well. Anywho, I'm currently obsessed with blue and white; not sure if I hopped on the blue-and-white-summertime bandwagon, or if I arrived some other way, but this is definitely a popular color combo right now. I'm also going through a crisp-white-linens-on-the-bed phase, and I think these would look so nice as a little pop of color at the top of the bed, contrasted against a white headboard with a wooden border...not that I have a bed like that or anything. (As soon as I start getting along with my camera, I'll do a post on my spiffy new headboard!) As of today on the Target website, these shams or only available in King size, hence the $24.95 price tag. However, if the Standard size comes back into stock, it will not only fit my pillows, but it will be $19.99 instead. Woot.


2. Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea
Harney & Sons (available at Barnes & Noble)
$8.00



Ok. I know it is SO not hot tea weather (here in good ol' Virginny, it's been hitting 95 practically everyday). However, I still say that this tea is amazing. When I hang in the nearby Barnes & Noble (note that there is NO "s" on Noble; it drives me nutso when people people say "Barnes and Nobles"), this is my drink of choice, no matter the temp. I figure everywhere around here cranks the AC like it's going out of style, so even if it's hot outside, it's usually too cold for me inside without a sweater, and I feel like a total dummy carrying around a long sleeved, heavy garment when it's hot enough to make even me sweat outside. (Note: for those who don't know me, I'm a freak of nature and am almost always cold. Seriously. My thermostat is set at 82 in my apartment right now, and I'm perfectly comfortable. Hence, hot tea in a Barnes & Noble in late June in the South).

This tea isn't cheap, but it is the definition of delicious. It's one of those teas that doesn't have any sugar in it, but it tastes sweet. It's available loose and in tea bags on the Harney and Sons website (in addition to this item, which is actually sachets), but I think it's worth the $2 for the upgrade to the tea tin, since I would totally use that for storage afterward. If I had the cash, I'd buy a bunch of different kinds just for the tins (check them out at your local B&N!). However, that's so not happening. While $8 for 20 sachets is pretty pricey, this tea is really really good, and is worth a special treat every once in a while. Besides, if you just buy a tea at B&N, you'd only buy 2.5 cups there before you hit the price for 20 tea sachets this way. So boil your own water, and think of all the moolah you're saving that way instead! (Is that enough enabling for you?)


3. Black and White Damask Throw Pillow
JoJo Designs via Amazon
$17.99


In trying to break away from the blue and white obsession, I found this baby while perusing Amazon. Black and white is always a classic color combo, and combined with this classy damask pattern that's sized just right for this little back rest, this pillow is just double-trouble classy. It would look great lazing about a couch, relaxing on a bed, or even perched on an office chair to bring some cheer (and comfort) to your work space.


4. White Elephant Teapot
BIA Cordon Bleu, via Amazon or Target
$15.99

Oh. Em. Gee. Is this not the most amazing teapot you've ever seen? He also has a camel friend that's rather cute, but I've always been rather partial toward elephants (guess it wasn't a very fair fight). That fact combined with the crisp white ceramic and the subtle, yet, tasteful, detailing means this guy is charming, yet not overly done. Ironically, I didn't realize that this item would also be mentioned in the same post as a favorite tea of mine, but I guess it just worked out for the better. This baby with the above tea would be l.o.v.e. (It'd be love without it too, just without the periods in between). I think you could serve anything remotely liquid-y from this little quadruped and it would instantly ooze with awesomey goodness, but you might as well put something awesome into something awesome to get awesome-squared.



5. Kitchen Towel and Potholder Set
Dwell Studio via Target
$19.99




I guess I'm on a Target kick today. But this print was just too cute to pass up! This is the "Moroccan" print from the Dwell line, but they also have some other great ones available too. I love that the towels go together, yet don't remotely look like one another so that your kitchen won't be too matchy-matchy, while looking put together at the same time. While I do wish that the potholder was a second mitt, this set is still pretty sweet. I've just never been a potholder person, but if you are, that's great for you! (In fact, if you're a super potholder person, we can each buy a set, and I'll give you my potholder, and you can give me your mitt, and we'll both live matchily ever after.) Given the trend for white and lightish blues in kitchens right now, I think these guys would fit right in.

Okily dokily--that does it for this week's Fabbie Finds. Sorry I don't have a bonus item this week, but between learning the inner workings of Blogger, dabbling in some coding for widgets, setting up a YouTube Chanel, and taking an entire day to apartment-hunt in Richmond this past Thursday, I have been a little pressed for time to shop (such a hard life, I know).

What about you guys? Found any great steals lately? Recently set up a YouTube or Blogger account? Looking for a new pad (and have any tips??)? Do tell!


*Note: All pictures via the linked webpage for the featured item.
*Double Note: I was not paid or perked by any of these sellers or companies (pft, I wish they knew who I was--hah!). I just found these items myself and thought I would share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment