Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blog Upgrades

Welp, it's two years since my last post and I am back to blogging. I may or may not currently be unemployed, which may or may not be the reason I have time to do this again. Just sayin'.

Anywho, I wanted to share a video I came across that I found to be uber helpful in terms of understanding and learning how to do some social media icon tinkering on your blog. This video was particularly nice since she has a sweet trick that allows you to not need an outsourced photo host for your little logos. I feel so tricksy.

I scored my free icons from Carrie Loves. They are simple, but that is all I wanted for now. She has lots of color options and three size ranges, which is perfect for someone who just wants the basics, like moi. You download them in a zip package all at once and she has every icon under the sun, including things I didn't even know existed (clearly I have some social media catching up to do). I think I will eventually try and make my own icons down the road, but I am feeling so accomplished for even figuring out these icons' placement and linking that I feel I deserve a break. And maybe some chocolate. There was much fist pumping and cabbage patching when this all worked out.



Here's the vid if you need some help like I did! The girl's name is Emily, so obviously, it's an awesome tutorial.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment