Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

Birthdays are always a great excuse to make some fun cards. December birthdays are no exception...and just because it's wintery doesn't mean they can't be pretty!

Supplies: Kraft cardstock, clear embossing powder, twine, Background Tree, Friend Definition, and Sentiment by Hero Arts, Flowers by Recollections, Paper by Basic Grey (Kioshi 6x6 paper pad), and Distress Inks by Ranger

This is a card I made for my mom's b-day. I had stamped and embossed the tree on a card a while ago, but couldn't figure out how to use the card...until now! Layering the flowers and stamping them with the Friend Definition by Hero Arts gave the card a lot of dimension. The icing on the cake was the old purple button I got from my mom's button box--perfect match! Too bad it shattered in the mail :( The Post Office totally lied when they told me that putting an extra 10c stamp and writing "Fragile" on the envelope would keep my cards safe! Good thing I took a photo first.

No comments:

Post a Comment